Vitamin & Herbs
Every living body needs vitamins to function and grow. Vitamins are essential for every human to live a healthy and active lifestyle. There are many types of vitamins, each performing or supporting a specific function. Vitamins and herbal supplements or herbs are supporters of daily functioning, active living, and proper growth of every individual.
Some vitamins are produced within the body, while others are consumed externally as the body does not secrete, create or produce them naturally. These are absorbed through food or health vitamin supplements.
What are Vitamins?
Vitamins are essential organic compounds required in small amounts for the proper functioning of the body. Some vitamins can be produced by the body. Others have to be given through external sources like food and sunlight.
Essential vitamins can be categorized as-
Fat Soluble and Water Soluble
- Fat-Soluble Vitamins: Vitamin A, E, and K are some fat-soluble vitamins. These are stored in fat cells and the liver by the body.
- Water-Soluble Vitamins: Vitamin C and Vitamin B are examples of water-soluble vitamins. The body does not store these vitamins. These vitamins are essential and should be consumed every day through food or health vitamin supplements.
What are the Different Roles of Vitamins?
Vitamins are essential for maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle. A deficiency of vitamins can lead to health problems, lethargy, blur vision, etc. However, overdose or high consumption of vitamins can also lead to toxicity or health problems.
Below is the list of some common vitamins and their functions
- Vitamin A: It builds and maintains teeth, bones, tissues, and skin.
- Vitamin B: Vitamin B6 is essential for the formation of RBC (Red Blood Cells) and brain functioning. It also goes hand in hand with protein consumption by the body. Vitamin B7, known as Biotin is an important vitamin as it helps in breaking down enzymes of food like fats, protein, carbohydrates, etc. Vitamin B12 is important for the central nervous system and supports Red Blood Cells.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C maintains teeth, and gums and supports quick wound healing.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is tough to get through food and the body can only synthesize it after being exposed to sunlight. This absorbs calcium and maintains bone development and the growth of the body.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is an antioxidant and an immunity booster. It is known for treating skin disorders. It helps maintain cardiovascular health and acts as an anti-aging agent too.
- Vitamin K: As per popular research and study, Vitamin K supports the skeletal system. It also leads to blood clotting that saves from bleeding continuously. Vitamin K manages proteins in the body too.
Why Do We Need Health Vitamin Supplements?
A question many ask is why should we consume vitamin supplements or dietary supplements when they can be consumed through food and other sources? These dietary and health supplements are important as-
- Individuals are unable to consume the required number of vitamins in their diets.
- These dietary supplements maintain a healthy diet and provide nutrients required for the functioning of the body.
- Many people living in near-polar regions may not have access to an adequate amount of sunlight, which may lead to a deficiency of Vitamin D.
- Many individuals who have been diagnosed with diseases or illnesses also require these supplements.
- Another popular study reveals that as individuals age nutrient absorption decreases. These dietary supplements play a major role in maintaining proper body functioning.
- A sedentary lifestyle also leads to stress and sleepless nights many vitamins support good sleep and health too.
- Supplements are also recommended to individuals who are on diet or are building their bodies.
Checklist for Buying Health Supplements
Make sure to mark these before buying health supplements in India
- FSSAI approval
- Any Allergic Ingredient
- Warnings on the Supplements
- Recommended Dosage
- Expiry Date
HealthDoqtor’s Vitamin Range
- HD Biotin – With 5000 MCG of Biotin per tablet, HD Biotin is a vitamin supplement also containing Vitamin B3 and B5. It is an immunity booster that supports hair, nails, and skin health. The HealthDoqtor’s Biotin also contains herbal extracts of Bhringraj and Moringa.
- HD Multivitamin– The HD Multivitamin includes vitamins, natural extracts of Green Apple, Ginseng, Green Tea, and Grape Seed with Folic Acid. The best multivitamin supplement for vegetarians and vegans, HealthDoqtor’s Multivitamin supplement enhances metabolism and improves brain functioning along with other benefits.
- HD Tribulus– Tribulus Terrestris, HealthDoqtor’s Tribulus supplement increases strength and muscle mass.
- HD Vita C Blend– Vitamin C is a water-soluble Vitamin required on daily basis by individuals. The specially designed HD Vita C blend is a unique vitamin health supplement with Vitamin C+ Zinc + D3. It aims at improving metabolism and supports fat loss and protein balance in the body.
Vitamin health supplements and dietary supplements are becoming increasingly important to balance the diet of individuals who do not consume the right vitamins in their food. HealthDoqtor Health Supplements and Dietary Supplements are FSSAI approved with Grade A quality and effective ingredients along with herbal extracts.